Tamlin Home Packages
About our Prefab Home Packages
Tamlin specializes in a unique customized hybrid timber frame home package which combines the elegance of authentic timber frame construction with the practical design advantages of conventional framing, precision-manufactured components, and prefabrication to make building simple.
We take the time to custom design and plan your project. A typical Tamlin timber frame home package includes full construction and permit drawings, and building materials to get you to the “lock up” stage of construction. With every home package, we help you plan, design, budget, schedule and coordinate your project.
Tamlin’s Services Include
- Full drafting design with custom color “3D” plan renderings, timber frame assembly drawings, construction plans, bill of materials, engineering, and permit plans.
- Materials package with ready-to-assemble timber frame components, floor system, walls, roof system, structural framing, doors, windows, interior and exterior finishes; custom designed panelizing or prefabrication. Our “hybrid” system allows for the use of timber frame in your home while saving you time and money.
- Proven system of shipping your building materials directly to your site, including materials consolidation, packaging, and scheduling. Ideal for resort and cottage locations or remote building.
Read more about shipping here.
- Tamlin’s World-Class Customer Service. We provide detailed material specifications, sample plans and construction services.
Check out our Free Downloads and Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Construction Services: Tamlin is a registered builder, and has access to a network of builders across North America. Find out more about our Vancouver-Area building services here.
“We really enjoyed working with Tamlin to design our (timber frame) lake house. The design staff took our basic floor plan and turned it into a space that is functional and architecturally interesting. Everyone who has stopped by to look at the house, RAVES about the quality of timbers and the impressive great room.. we would definitely recommend Tamlin to other potential clients”
Dan and Jana King, (Kootenay Lake, B.C.)
Advantages of Our Home Package
- Tamlin customizes every timber frame home, integrating the ideas of our clients into the design. With all the necessary resources in one company, our approach is fast and efficient.
- Our clients are in control of their projects from the initial stages, and we provide the tools for clients to make design decisions which have a substantial impact on controlling costs.
- Most of our clients prefer to use our experienced in-house timber frame designers but we also offer the services of a local registered architect and interior design coordinator.
- Timber frame structure and components are integrated with conventional frame construction to custom design your hybrid timber frame home. The result is often a substantial materials cost savings of 20-30%, compared to a full traditional timber frame house.
- We can further simplify construction using our “hybrid” approach by optimizing the design which often includes panelized wall and roof construction, ready-to-assemble timber components, and other pre-made and pre-finished building components.
- Many of our clients save costs by using our system to build themselves on their own time-line. However we can also provide the construction services to build help you build.
- All materials are carefully packaged and delivered directly to your site, reducing the time and expense of numerous separate deliveries
- Prefabricated components, pre-finished exterior sidings, and panelization save labour and installation costs on site, provides a higher level of quality, speeds up construction, and decreases the amount of wasted materials from cutting.
- We have the experience and industry contacts to provide our clients with expertise in many areas of home building including geothermal energy, HVAC systems, site preparations, various insulation and ventilation methods, septic systems, sub-trades, etc.