Logistics and Shipping A House Package From Tamlin BC
At Tamlin your house package materials are carefully organized and checked in our shipping yard before the loading process begins. Materials are examined for quality, quantity and specifications which will match your house package plans. Packages and crates are custom made to protect contents, and each item is numbered/labelled, and recorded on an itemized packing list. Typically 53 foot tarped flat deck trucks are used for deliveries, but Tamlin can arrange many other types of deliveries to suit your needs and site conditions, smaller trucks, enclosed trailers, rail, barge, ferry etc. Tamlin also ships 40 foot sealed containers ocean freight to overseas destinations.
Photos are taken of the load so when the truck arrives you will have a great understanding where your building crew is going to place all the freight when it arrives.
Normally a carrier will allow 2 hours to unload the truck when it arrives. You will be asked to have either a forklift or a zoom boom to off load the material. Packages are numbered for ease of organization on site.
All of our products and materials in our house packages are 100% Canadian content. The wood is all from B.C. forests and is of a high quality (#2 & Better). NO seconds, re-conditioned or recycled material is used.
Shipping Tamlin Custom Home Packages
- Tamlin quality control ensures that your materials arrive on site in original condition, protected from the elements, and on time
- For smaller homes, one truck is enough but for larger homes, several trucks may be required
- Delicate materials such as doors, windows, timber frame, and finishing materials are packaged carefully to avoid damage during transport; smaller items like hardware are boxed separately
- All materials are inspected, crated, wrapped, packaged and clearly labeled
- Individual loads are weighed and arranged to maximize the truck’s capacity, so extra shipping costs are avoided
- Deliveries to coastal, island & remote locations can be made by truck, ferry or barge
- Full insurance and shipping coordination
…your method of packaging the lumber up into logical lifts and the documentation explaining what was in each package and its intended use made the framing very efficient…
- Proper documentation is provided with every shipment including detailed packing lists and loading reports
- Photographs of your materials and packages are taken at our facility to guarantee proper handling and loading
- Our in-house loading report contains all package identification numbers, lengths, quantities, and specifications for all the materials in each house package
- This report is linked directly to the Bill of Materials in our design department so every building component is accounted for