Custom Plan Design- Tamlin Custom Home Packages
“Tamlin’s design department worked with me to bring my designs through several iterations, until we had a functional plan without losing the original concept. I found that my dealings with the staff at Tamlin have been excellent. This was the first time I had gone through the building process so I had many questions and required additional help. All the people there made me feel comfortable in asking and providing real solutions.”
Jack Bakker, Langley, B.C.
Let our in-house design team help you customize your plans as much as you want, depending upon your needs. Tamlin will come up with the optimal design solutions by incorporating your ideas with our timber frame and post & beam concepts. The design process usually involves:
Our custom design process involves conceptual drawings, and various levels of preliminary drawings, which form the basis for permit and construction drawings.
- Modifying an existing Tamlin standard plan.
- Making changes to your own plan.
- Customizing a plan from scratch.
We can help you make the right decisions based on many considerations such as:
- Conceptual design. Some clients have rough plans, sketches or a “wish list” of ideas. Other clients have spent many months or years meticulously gathering drawings, colour photos, magazine clippings, or even compiling their own “binders”. Whatever your stage of design, our objective is to integrate the right level and detail of timber architecture into your home based on your design, function and budget needs.
- Your wish list may include architectural appearance, open concept, room layouts and design, function, size, and budget—all to suit your lifestyle needs.
- Use of architectural timber and wood features in the great room, entry, dining/kitchen and vaulted or open plan locations.
- Construction materials such as natural wood, stone, granite, environmentally friendly products, and GREEN building.
- Energy efficient design, materials, and low maintenance ideas
- House size and positioning on lot to take advantage of views and direction of sun (north, south, east, west). Lot configuration, lot size, and topography (sloped, flat, uneven, rocky, trees, hillside, streams, drainage, soil conditions, etc.) and access to the home (driveway, front entry, rear entry)
- Building restrictions such as setbacks, easements, covenants, local building bylaws, zoning, height restrictions, etc.
- Exterior decks, stairs, patios, and covered areas for your barbecue and entertaining
- Barrier-free construction for disabled or future wheelchair access
- Interior features and finishes, such as open riser stairs, fireplaces, etc
Advantages or Tamlin’s Custom In-house Design
- Help organize, prioritize and offer recommendations at every stage
- Save costs compared to a full service professional architect, or cost-plus general contractor
- Get better expertise with Tamlin compared to “design only” companies. We have both the timber-frame expertise AND knowledge of manufacturing , so the plans do not have to be drawn twice
- Have us design your home as a “preliminary” design first, in 3D perspectives, to help you visualize the inside and outside. This process is FAST, and very COST efficient.
- Utilize our design expertise by having us visit your building site to really understand your ideas and scope of construction
- Receive professional design help with no obligation to purchase a complete Tamlin home package. We want to make sure your home design is feasible, and that you are completely comfortable with our system before you move forward